Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2011 12:00

intel video controller

hi

my dell INSPIRON 6400 got infected so I re installed OS"XP 200"

and I faced a few problems with "wireless ,sound" driver .

the one I should install is "intel graphics driver for 915 GM"

which I have on dell CD drivers and utilities but the problem is

when I tried to install the driver it says either that there s file

or tow is missing or corrupted or the system already has newer

virsion don't know what to do please help .

PS: I unstalled the driver from the device manger and re install it from

dell web site but it didn't worked.

thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Are you sure you have Intel video?  The system was also built with one of a couple of ATI cards - and one nVidia card.  The BIOS boot screen (F2 at powerup) will tell you which you have.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Make sure you've  installed the Dell notebook system software, the chipset driver and at least XP Service Pack 2.  Without these the video driver won't load correctly.

4 Posts

yes I did installed all of the driver with the right order from the DELL resource CD and all of them working properly right except the video controller

4 Posts

May 28th, 2011 13:00

well ! I am sure because I have tried to install the ATI and the nVidia driver from dell web site but it didn't work beside the resource CD I have only got Intel graphics driver in the video driver section .

I had a similar problem with the audio driver "sigmatel" and I solved it I am not expert in this but I am trying restore my laptop .I think my system wouldn't work with updated drivers it only works with original ones that comes with resource CD .when the hard drive helper downloaded the IDT audio driver it did not work but when I un install it and re install the sigmatel  direct from the CD it worked .

thank you so much for trying to help .

4 Posts

May 28th, 2011 16:00

thank you so much it worked I swear I downloaded ATI before but it didn't work but finally worked

thank you again

No Events found!