Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 18th, 2013 15:00

internal hard disk drive not found,to resolve this issue try to reseat the drive.............Please help

I have a Dell Inspiron 1440 using since 2010 suddenly I saw this error message "internal hard disk drive not found,to resolve this issue try to reseat the drive" when I turned it ON. Then I tested with other HDD drive from other laptop and it booted fine. Then realized that HDD was down brought a new samsung SSD 120GB drive and installed on my laptop and trying to install the Windows 7 from a CD still seeing the same error when turned ON.

Please help with this issue.

Thanks in Advance

ROHIT

3 Posts

October 22nd, 2013 14:00

Thanks guys!!!!!

My bad after I installed the SSD the CD that was in the DVD Drive was the Applications/Driver CD instead of Windows 7 disk. I just realized  and installed the Win7 on my new hard disk my laptop is back to normal. Thank God! I saved 500 to get the new laptop.

2.6K Posts

October 18th, 2013 16:00

Hi ROHIT,

Please restart and tap the f2 key and in the BIOS Main tab check if hard drive is detected. Go to Advanced tab select boot sequence please ensure hard disc or hdd is set as first boot device. Save changes and exit.

To confirm the hardware functionality, I would request you to run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics to check the functionality of the hardware components installed in the system. Run the test and check if gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action. 

You may also refer to this video on how to run the PSA Diagnostics: http://dell.to/1dMViiD

Please check and post the results.

3 Posts

October 18th, 2013 18:00

Tried with changing the boot sequence and test was passed still no luck....

2.6K Posts

October 21st, 2013 19:00

Hi ROHIT,

Please check in BIOS under “System Configuration” tab “SATA operation” is set to AHCI mode. Save the settings and exit the BIOS screen.

Now try to load Operating system and post the results.

August 11th, 2016 22:00

Hi Nikhil,

I followed the initial steps, my HDD is detected but there's no option of 'Boot Squence' in Advanced tab. Please guide me what should I do next.

I'm facing this problem on Dell Inspiron 3542 Service tag - 4449812.

Regard,

Priyanshu Barnwal

No Events found!