Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 14th, 2016 01:00

international warranty transfer

Help, Dell are doing my head in!!

Bought a new U3415W monitor from a seller on Amazon (a company in the US), then had it shipped to home in Hong Kong. It worked for less than 1 hour before completely dying on me. No power at all. Tried calling Dell HK for assistance, but they cannot do anything before I transfer the warrant across. I do this but now just received an email from them declining the transfer as the tag does not match the previous owner information. I don't know the exact name so cannot transfer across!!

Does anyone have any advice because this is ridiculous. Dell have produced a faulty product and now making it hard for me to get repaired.

2 Posts

January 14th, 2016 02:00

I have a Dell product that didn't even last an hour, and Dell cannot do anything about it. That is pathetic customer service.

• 

351 Posts

January 14th, 2016 02:00

Did you follow the instructions on this article - read the eBay, Amazon section? 

Unfortunately there's not a lot that can be done if it's been declined, all I can suggest is try the request again putting in as much information as you know and make it clear it was purchased from Amazon.

Or alternatively, contact the seller and explain the situation, they may be able to provide you with the correct information to get the ownership transferred. 

No Events found!