haba_baba9
1 Copper

laptop, No bootable device after installation

Hi there,

I have dell laptop, installed new SSD HD (Samsung 960EVO 250) after that installed Windows 10 from USB; all went ok till restart. Now laptop is in 'limbo'; if i keep USB connected - windows installation restarting; if i remove it - get stack on black screen with 'no bootable device found'. 

Read and tried different suggestion, changed boot sequence  and so on... no luck

Any one had something like this? Any suggestion welcome,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

RE: laptop, No bootable device after installation

Have you modified your settings for the NVMe M.2 drive from the OEM settings?

If you leave the OEM settings and install Windows, it will install but the drive will not be seen on Reboot.  I set my system to ACHI for the SATA controller so the M.2 slot would function as a PCIe slot and not SATA.

I assume you do not want to run the new drive as SATA?  If so it may take special procedures.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
haba_baba9
1 Copper

RE: laptop, No bootable device after installation

Thank you for your reply. I'll look into details of the setting you suggested, but looks like this is set correctly, under BIOS system settings AHCI  is selected ; unless I should verified it under different location

Regards

0 Kudos