Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 21st, 2014 06:00

laptop hardware configuration

hi my name is manoj. i have dell inspiron 5520 ram-4gb hard disk 1 TB 3rd gen i5 processor amd radeon graphics card 1 gb  .  

i am having too many problem with my laptop . when it's fully charged it only works for 1 hour or may be less. and it gets too much hot even when i am using laptop cooler . and it is working very slow . every program take a lot of time to open . 

if there is any solution please suggest me . 

some more question .

if i want to buy new battery what will be the price??

it's RAM is upgradable to 8 GB so how much price will it take to upgrade?

can i increase graphic card memory . presently it is 1 GB i want to increase it to 1.5 GB or 2 GB . what will be price if i increase them ?

can i upgrade it's processor ? price?

it gets too much hot so i think there is problem in it's internal fan so can i replace that with a new one ??price?

plz tell all prices in RUPEES  (indian currency).

looking for good answers because it's very urgent .

reply ASAP

April 21st, 2014 07:00

Hi Manoj,

Let me try and answer all your questions one by one.

- Battery getting drained can depend on the applications being used or battery life being close to life and if it is a 4 Cell battery then it can run up to an hour or 15-30 minutes extra depending on the usage conditions. However, please check if you are getting any errors indicating battery needs replacement before buying a new one.

- Applications running slow can be because of the issue with the over heating and you can update BIOS to see if the over heating issue gets fixed. Download and update the BIOS from this link http://dell.to/1kSnrWA

- Your laptop supports a maximum of 8GB and if you would like to upgrade memory then we have 4GB modules available and I have mentioned the price below per 4GB module.

DDR3 1600Mhz  Rs.4000/-
DDR3L 1600mhz Rs.4600/-

-Unfortunately Video/Graphic card can not be upgrade as the option is not available for this laptop and the same goes to Processor.

Please let me know if this helped or if you have any further queries.

April 24th, 2014 03:00

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for your reply.

Increase in memory(RAM) always results in better speed in accessing the applications. This includes better speed while playing games too. However, the speed of the games also depends on requirements by the game like Direct X version, memory, process, etc.

The same factors are applicable on other applications too.

DDR3L memory module comes with lower voltage which basically mean lesser heat and longer life duration compared to DDR3 memory module.

The new 3rd gen intel core processors (ivybridge) support DDR3L. If your laptop has this process then it does support DDR3L and if not then you can use DDR3.

And if you would like to clean the dust inside your laptop you can use the device called Can of compressed air which will help you take care of the dust.

Please revert if you have any more questions.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 21st, 2014 07:00

For the overheating issue, be sure the system is free of dust and that the fan is running (F12 at powerup, Dell diagnostics will test the fan).

You can upgrade RAM to 8G, yes.

Whether you can upgrade the CPU depends on the CPU you have now.  Generally, CPU upgrades cost more than they provide in performance gain.

The video chip/RAM CANNOT be upgraded.

April 21st, 2014 10:00

i want to know that what are the benifits of increasing RAM ? all the benifits?

specially in gaming and video editing softwares like adobe after effects ?.
will gaming improve by increasing RAM?
and one more thing what is the difference between these two
DDR3 1600Mhz  Rs.4000/-
DDR3L 1600mhz Rs.4600/-

and which one will be better for my laptop?
thanks for ur suggestion. 

April 21st, 2014 21:00

i have done the diagnostics, all components are fine . 

how do i get rid of dust ?

do i have to open it or there is some tool which does this ?

thanks for suggestion.

April 24th, 2014 04:00

Hi Arjun,

thanks a lot for your suggestions 

i think i will go for DDR3L. 

thanks.

April 25th, 2014 08:00

Hi Manoj,

Appreciate your interest. Kindly revert if you have any queries in future.

No Events found!