Highlighted
jomar09
1 Copper

laptop not turning on

Can someone please help. My brand new Dell laptop will not power up no matter what I try. I plugged it in and nothing happens . The green led on the power supply glows constantly and when I plug the jack into the laptop a white led on the front left glows for about a second and then goes off. When I press the power on button nothing happens - no lights, no noise, nothing. I've left it on charge for several hours but still nothing.

I have tried the static discharge test (remove battery, press power button etc) and still no luck.

I really don't know what else to do.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: laptop not turning on

Hi Jomar,

Good work on troubleshooting. I would suggest you reseat a few components, like memory, hard drive and optical drive and see if that makes a difference. In the link below punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual for removing and reseating components.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps. Also, do private message the system service tag along with registered owner's name and email address. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

0 Kudos