Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2013 22:00

laptop processor upgrade

hi..,

I gifted DELL INSPIRON 15R 3521 (powered by Intel Celeron 1007U processor 1.5GHZ )non-touch laptop to my brother on may 2013. Now he is not feeling good with the processor speed so, I decided to upgrade the processor with an Intel i5/i7 processor. I need to know which processors suit and give good performance with the board and please provide the process to get it upgraded...

thank you friends..

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 4th, 2013 23:00

Hi raja sekhar reddy karri,

Dell ships the following processors for Inspiron 3521.You can look in for any of the processors listed.

• Intel® Core™ i5-3337U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.70 GHz)

• Intel® Core™ i5-3317U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.60 GHz)

• Intel® Core™ i7-3517U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.00 GHz)

• Intel® Core™ i7-3537U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)

Please reply for any queries.

July 5th, 2013 00:00

Hi Ravi Chandra,

thanks for responding quickly :)

If I choose to upgrade to Intel® Core™ i5-3337U Processor how much it will cost approx..? also provide the cost approximation to Intel® Core™ i7-3537U Processor...

how to order and get fixed the selected processor and what about my old processor after getting changed, the processor will be exchange deducing some price on new processor or they will return the old processor to me taking the grand total for new processor + servicing charges.. and how much time will it take for this process..?

Thanks,

Raj Sekhar Reddy.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 5th, 2013 04:00

In order to upgrade the processor on this system, the entire mainboard must be changed along with the CPU.  All of these processors are ball-grid designs - they're hard soldered to the mainboard and not removeable.  The cost for the board+CPU will be 50% or more of the cost of the system initially - and you will lose your warranty in the process.  In other words,  forget it - if you need a faster system, sell the existing one and buy a new notebook.

No Events found!