Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 4th, 2013 02:00

laptop takes many clicks to power up

I have been experiencing that my laptop takes a long to power up sometimes.It random,sometimes it powers up with just one time press of power button while sometimes it takes 2-30 presses. I have tried the static electricity drain out process many times but the problem is not getting fixed.Any idea how to fix this?

My laptop model-xps15

if you know any solution please post here or better mail me at <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 7th, 2013 09:00

Hi sidd271,

1. No

2. Yes, you can clean the air vents using the can of compressed air.

3. Please shut down the computer and then run the hardware diagnostics, follow the steps below. Press the Fn + power this will intitate the hardware diagnostics. Let us know if there is any error code listed.

Please contact the Dell India technical support, use the link below to get the phone number.

http://dell.to/1fbRNQI

I hope you find this useful.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 4th, 2013 03:00

Hi sidd271,

This seems to be an issue with the power button (Central Control Cover) or the motherboard. Please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer only). In case you’re from different region please let me know.

7 Posts

November 5th, 2013 01:00

HI Senthil,

I am from India.Please let me know the Indian helpline no.

7 Posts

November 5th, 2013 18:00

a new problem is there now. Now my system goes into hibernation automatically.Even if i restart it it goes into hibernation again.All the options in power options are  set as "never" .Also i tried different power schemes.But still the problem persists. Has done some internet research and it says it may be due to the dust in my fans which i think is possible as i have not cleaned my fans since buying the system.So now my questions are-

1. is failing to start up and this hibernation  issue are linked?

2. Is dust in the fan can be a reason? if yes can i clean the fan by myself?

3.Is there a way to know if these are problem with my motherboard ,power circuit or fans?

sorry for so many queries. I really want to get to some sort of conclusion before i take the next step.Hopefully these will be answered soon.

7 Posts

November 13th, 2013 21:00

the issue is solved.The problem was due to the graphics card overheating

No Events found!