Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

DW

September 15th, 2008 10:00

long buld time

hello, i was wondoring if dell has got there stuff strait yet.

My order has been in the  in the build face for a month acording to dell.

I did email a customer service rep, and im waiting to here what they say .

So my question is if dont ship today wich its suposed.  is it worth waiting or go

somewhere else?

1 Message

December 5th, 2009 17:00

They are suppose to buy bulk of parts and request them when you order your computer. Did you receive it already? Beware of them promising you will on a specific date.

I think this problems goes years back, from what I have been reading on the internet. Here's my story:

11/21/09 Placed the order. Website showed it would be in production until 12/1/09 (shipping day) and estimated delivery was 12/08/09. I called to make sure it would arrive on time because I will be traveling on the 10th (the reason why I bought the computer). Sales representative said it would. Note that the cart as it appeared to me showed free 5 to 7 days AND free 3 to 5 days. The representative was unable to answer why or which was true. I paid extra to ensure 3 to 5 days delivery. Also, my cart was emptied twice, I had to configure the computer 3 times, but to the representative more than one laptop appear in my cart at all times.

11/23/09 The order was acknowledged by Dell. Estimated delivery was 12/09/09 and delivery method appeared to be 3 business days. I called again to make sure. They said they would try to rush it. After this day, delivery method appeared to be 3 to 5 days. Once I passed the "submit" button, customer service got a lot worse.

11/26/09 Called again to see why it hadn't entered into production. They assured it would arrive on time.

12/01/09 I received a call while on a test from Dell saying there was a problem with my payment. I called and they only wanted to check my address (which was done in every single call before). Note that in the previous calls the waiting time was below 1 hour. Not this time, they kept transferring the call from one place to another. It took over an hour and a half to receive the important question: what is your address?. I asked about the estimated delivery, they said 12/9/09. I asked the representative to assure because otherwise (obviously) I would need to cancel, and she promised it would arrive on time. She also said the computer was entering into production on that day and had no information as to why it was entering into production on the supposed shipping date.

12/5/09 Computer still showing on the website as "into production" but estimated delivery was changed to 12/22/09. Called again, 1 hour wait, and the answer was there was a delay. There's nothing we can do, you cannot cancel the order until 21 days after being billed. Called again, explained the situation, asked for the manager. They said there is nothing they could do, that I would have to wait. Reminding them that I won't be here to receive it, they trust that the package will return. However, I noted that there is a security company that guards the building and that they sign for packages that arrive. I cannot cancel the order, I have to wait and see. After asking the manager what he would do, he suggested that I buy another computer because they cannot assure it will arrive on time, regardless that I have little to no time to do this. If the computer does arrive, I will then have 2 debts, since I cannot cancel it (because I would have to either receive it and send it back or not receive it, none of which I can do or arrange, since I wont be here). Also, the address cannot be changed nor the shipping speed. They said in the previous calls they made a mistake for promising a shipping and delivery date.

Bottom line: the website doesn't give accurate information, the representatives do not have enough information, Dell promises building, shipping and estimated deliveries that cannot be trusted and their customer service (besides slow) is not knowledgeable nor good enough to trust. This is the last of many purchases I have made on my behalf or the company I work for. Also, I have recommended dell countless times, which I won't do anymore.

Any suggestions? (besides BBB and discrediting  Dell publicly, which I will definitely do if I don't find a way to resolve the issue)

Thank you,

468 Posts

December 5th, 2009 18:00

Dell has a history of doing this stuff.  Cancel your order.  Dells website states you can cancel the order as long as it is not in a 'shipped' status.  Dont let them tell you otherwise.  If they do, go to your bank and reject the charges, then inform them, and then they will cancel it.

No Events found!