Highlighted
bootsmyler
1 Nickel

looking for laptop (around $500) that will be upgradeable to nvidia geforce gtx 660m video card for college

im looking for a laptop that has an i7, 8gb of ram and is able to fit an nvidia geforce gtx 660m video card. I have one my friend gave me from his laptop when he upgraded. what laptops can be upgraded to this video card and are around the $500 price point. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
9 Rhodium

RE: looking for laptop (around $500) that will be upgradeable to nvidia geforce gtx 660m video card for college

Those would fit an Alienware M15x/M17x/M18x system - you'll need to look at the used market to meet that price point.  Even then, you may have trouble meeting that price level.

The card may or may not work with the current Alienware 17 model.   The 15" and smaller Alienware systems have integrated video chips - no separate card.  Of course the new systems will exceed your price point by a factor of three or more.

If you want a new system, you're going to have to temper your expectations - nothing below $1,000 will take a video card any longer -- all of these, even the Clevo-built systems and ASUS, MSI,  etc. gaming systems at or below $1K have integrated video now.

0 Kudos