Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

March 8th, 2010 22:00

m1330 error 0xc00000e9

My hard drive died so I ordered a new one through Dell and installed it.  When I go to reinstall Windows Vista 32-bit back onto my laptop, it begins to load the Windows files and then I get error 0xc00000e9.  It states: "Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.  This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing."

Also, "An unexpected I/O error has occured."  I'm not sure what is wrong or what to do.  Nothing is plugged into it, and I can't seem to find any answers.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

1.8K Posts

March 9th, 2010 12:00

It sounds like one of the components on your system has/is failing.   Not sure if its the optical drive or what.  Unfortunately, its not easy to remove any of those components in that model to try to find out.  Did you get the hard drive replacement through warranty parts replacement or did you purchase it?

No Events found!