JahNah2011
1 Copper

m1330 xps Dell travel Remote Not working

I have windows 7 and I cannot figure out how to work the remote,

i have microsoft power point and need the remote.

How do i test it ? where do i find whether my ir port is functioning?

I notice there are no software or drivers available..

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
lroeder
1 Nickel

Re: m1330 xps Dell travel Remote Not working

No one cares about the Dell remotes apparently.

It's so frustrating!

They need to stop selling these things if they don't care if they work or not for people.

I have the Dell NU851 (even though that's not the one I ordered) and windows 7 64 bit on XPS 1640....

If anyone ever finds a solution please post it here.....  Thanks!

0 Kudos
tvmaster
1 Nickel

Have you found an answer for this?  I cannot find evidence of the IR device installed after upgrading to W7 64bit

0 Kudos
JahNah2011
1 Copper

Yeah i just replaced the battery and it worked

0 Kudos
tvmaster
1 Nickel

replaced the battery in the remote itself, or inside the laptop somewhere?  Also, does the IR device show up in Device Manager, and as what?  I fear I'm having a hardware problem

0 Kudos
JahNah2011
1 Copper

yes battery inside the remote.. there are no batteries inside the laptop except for your removable battery in the back. (its really big) and thats not the prob. i dont know what it shows up as my thinking is it should work if the battery is new because its such a simple technology it doesnt need a driver but u might find some on the drivers for the laptop.

0 Kudos
tvmaster
1 Nickel

wish I had talked to you first - after being instructed by Dell tech support to take apart the laptop and reconnect a wire that doesn't exist, it was indeed, the battery.  thanks

0 Kudos
sohail.a1
1 Copper

I had the same issue but intalled the R196531.exe driver from dell's website and after a restart bingo!