Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 25th, 2015 23:00

maxx audio software missing after upgrading the OS, where can I get it back from?

I am using dell 5447 it came with maxx audio pro I guess, which used to show in the dell audio app. Now there is no dell audio app and neither maxx audio , I cant find it in my dell support page for specific system. Can someone please tell me where can I get this software from.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 27th, 2015 07:00

Go to the Inspiron 14 5447 support page. Use the blue "Change OS" button to select your operating system -- Windows 10.

Then expand the Audio category and get the Realtek driver that is there.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 26th, 2015 12:00

I cant find it in my dell support page for specific system.

Hello. WaxxAudio is incorporated into the Realtek audio driver which should be in the Audio category on the Inspiron 14 5447 support page. The version of MaxxAudio is whatever is bundled with a given driver version and so might be different from the version you had with a different Realtek driver.

Some people have found that it does not work the same under Win10 as it did in other OS's.

6 Posts

September 27th, 2015 01:00

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know that it will be bundled inside realtek audio driver. There used to be an app called dell audio using which we could customise the sound effects and great difference in the output quality could be found. In windows 10 there's no dell audio app , hence I thought that the special effects of the audio is also lost with it. They can't remove the maxxaudio app due to the upgrade right. The whole dell audio app with maxxaudio is extinct. I was hoping I could download the software from some website . I didn't find any. Hence it seems I have lost the good audio equaliser app , and no clue if maxxaudio is present in my system . Can I get back the software somehow?

No Events found!