Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 14th, 2012 10:00

maxx audio3

hello, just upgraded my dell xps L502x 64-bit windows from home premium to windows ultimate,have installed both the realtek hd audio driver and quickset, the 2 of the 3 quickset buttons on top right corner works just fine but that for the waves maxxaudio3 keeps telling me to install audio driver first...surprisingly i am able to lauch the waves maxxaudio controls from the system...i have re-installed de audio driver several times but the quickset still tells me same...any help

1.1K Posts

October 15th, 2012 04:00

Hi kesofori,

I will recommend you to uninstall and re install the audio drivers and quickset:

• Click on 'Start' and click on 'Control Panel'.
  • Click on 'Programs and features' and a list of all the applications will be listed.
  • Look for Realtek audio driver.
  • Right click on it and click on 'uninstall'.
  • Once the audio driver is uninstalled, uninstall quickset.
  • Restart the system and install the audio driver: http://dell.to/TrPvPj
  • Click on 'Download Now' and select 'Single-file Download'.
  • Click on 'Continue' and click on 'Save'.
  • Save the driver on the desktop.
  • Right click on the driver from the desktop and click on 'Run as administrator'.
  • Follow the on screen instructions to install the driver.
  • Once the audio driver is installed successfully, restart the system.
  • Install the quickset application after restarting the system: http://dell.to/Wc7VKn (Follow the above steps to install a driver)
  • Restart the system after installing the quickset application.

Keep me updated. Please reply for any further questions.

2 Posts

October 15th, 2012 14:00

thank you very much Vikram...the maxaudio launch works perfectly now after following the steps you gave, am very grateful

1.1K Posts

October 16th, 2012 05:00

Hi kesofori,

I am glad that the issue is fixed. Please get in touch with us for any issues in future. We will be glad to assist you.

No Events found!