Highlighted

my laptop dell inspiron 5537 has a problem in turning on and charging

Jump to solution

while i was working om the laptop i had a notification about the the power of the laptop less than 6% and the lap will turn off and i ignored the massage then the lap turned off , from that moment the lap didn't work, when i plug the ac adapter the charging led turns on for one second then it turns off and when i press the power button there isn't and response.

please help me !!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: my laptop dell inspiron 5537 has a problem in turning on and charging

Jump to solution

Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Leave the battery out or disconnected.  Verify that the AC adapter LED in ON and stays on - if it comes on but goes out when you connect it to the system, the system has a short circuit in the power jack or on the mainboard.

If the adapter LED stays on, try powering up the system.  If it will power up without the battery but not with it, the battery is bad and will need to be replaced.

If the system still won't power up without the battery but with a good adapter, the mainboard is bad.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: my laptop dell inspiron 5537 has a problem in turning on and charging

Jump to solution

Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Leave the battery out or disconnected.  Verify that the AC adapter LED in ON and stays on - if it comes on but goes out when you connect it to the system, the system has a short circuit in the power jack or on the mainboard.

If the adapter LED stays on, try powering up the system.  If it will power up without the battery but not with it, the battery is bad and will need to be replaced.

If the system still won't power up without the battery but with a good adapter, the mainboard is bad.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos