Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2017 15:00

my laptop dell inspiron 5537 has a problem in turning on and charging

while i was working om the laptop i had a notification about the the power of the laptop less than 6% and the lap will turn off and i ignored the massage then the lap turned off , from that moment the lap didn't work, when i plug the ac adapter the charging led turns on for one second then it turns off and when i press the power button there isn't and response.

please help me !!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 20th, 2017 09:00

I'd suggest you replace the DC Power Jack with a new one. Please click on link below:

Dell Inspiron 15R (5537) DC Jack Video Tutorial Teardown ...

thanks for your reply

but i tried other adapters and the lap didn't work or give any different response

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

It appears you ran out the battery power with a defective Ac adapter. To be sure, connect adapter into another wall socket. Look for Charging LED on the adapter to be on. I also suggest you disconnect and reconnect the adapter brick and wall cord  to make sure it firmly connected to each other. Please click on link below:

AC Adapter Not Powering on the Computer or Charging the ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

And check the ID pin in the center of the connector tip to ensure it is not bent or missing, see image below:

AC Adapter Error Message Occurs | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 20th, 2017 10:00

You can check the price and order one in the link below:

https://www.parts-people.com/

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Or get a repair quote in the dell link below:

www.dell.com/.../out-of-warranty

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

For further assistance, please contact Technical Support in the link below:

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information

February 20th, 2017 16:00

there is something i want to share with you.

i noticed that

1- when i plugged the adapter to the laptop the charge led turned on for a short period of time that time depended on the period i left the laptop without plugging it to the adapter (the longer period is 3 second approximately)

2- when i plugged the adapter without the battery there wasn't any response even the led never turned on.

so i had an idea that i waited for an hour then i pressed the power bottom in the same moment i plug the adapter so i surpassed the corrupted element in this region of circuit, it worked well and the laptop turned on  .

so please may i ask some help, how can i know which component is bad ?

February 20th, 2017 17:00

the laptop turned on also without the battery when i pressed the power button directly after i plugged the adapter

No Events found!