neeraj_vaidya
1 Copper

n00b question.. :)

hey guys i bought my dell studio 15 laptop recently and i'm quite happy with it. though i would like to know if it's possible to go for minor upgrades like changing the panel to maybe an artist edition(it wasn't available when i purchased my lappie) or going for the creative x-fi onboard soundcard.. there is a dell exclusive showroom in my city and it is also a service center(i think?) for dell products.. just wanted to know if any of you have done anything like this before.. sounds like a n00b question but then again it's my first on the community! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
9 Rhodium

Re: n00b question.. :)

Dell won't support the upgrades post-purchase - you can do what you wish, but the upgrades are your responsibility.

0 Kudos
neeraj_vaidya
1 Copper

i guess no support from dell is fine, but wil i get the upgrades at the same price as is in the "build my dell" customise option? i might not opt for upgrading the sound card but i would definitely like an artist edition panel!!

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

No -- you'll pay full retail price for the parts, which will be refurbished and carry at best a 90-day parts warranty (i.e., your panel warranty is void if you change the screen).

0 Kudos
7star4u
2 Iron

They should give discounts to existing customers......

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

0 Kudos