Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2013 09:00

n5010 15r not switching on

hello, everyone i have a dell inspiron n5010 15r laptop with ati graphics

my laptop is not switching on when i press a power on button,nothing happens no lights no fans it was working fine earlier,my laptop is out of guarantee now

2.6K Posts

July 25th, 2013 09:00

Hello Sun08,

I would suggest few steps would which would help us in isolating the issue further:

1. Please ensure that the battery is fully charged.
  2. Remove the Battery & disconnect the AC Adapter from the system and hold the power button down for 5 seconds, to discharge “Static Flea Power”.
  3. Re-seat the battery on the Notebook System and try to power on the system.
  4. Remove the Battery from the Notebook system and try powering on the system using only the AC Adapter.
  5. Please ensure that the Power Led on the AC Adapter is lit to ensure the functionality of the AC Adapter; also please try a Know Good AC Adapter if available.

Please let us know your findings.

5 Posts

July 28th, 2013 21:00

thanks Allan D

I've tried your suggestions but nothing happened ....

2.4K Posts

July 29th, 2013 09:00

Is the led light on the a/c adapter on before you plug it into the laptop?

Once you plug in the a/c adapter and press the power button on the laptop does the led light

on the a/c adapter go out?

5 Posts

July 30th, 2013 07:00

hello dallascowboysworldchamps

Thanks for your advice but the led light doesn't go out even after pluging the adapter,

2.6K Posts

August 1st, 2013 08:00

Hello Sun08,

Please let me know if you have tried turning on the computer with a know good AC Adapter. If not, please try and check how it goes.

5 Posts

August 2nd, 2013 01:00

hello Dell-Allan D

I've tried using another working adapter but nothing happened.

2.6K Posts

August 4th, 2013 05:00

Hello Sun08,

In this case, it can be an issue with the DC-in module. Please consider replacing it (Part # WXHDY). Does the computer have an active warranty? You can check the warranty status here. In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services. If the warranty on the computer has expired, you may contact our Expired Warranty Services (this is for US based customers).

Please write back if you have any further questions. 

5 Posts

August 6th, 2013 06:00

hello Dell-Allan-d

how can its DC in module be faulty when it is showing charging on light and also light doesn't go off after plugging charger cable into laptop ?????? Also i don't have warranty so can i get it repair from dell ,I can pay all the charges.also please tell me what can be the cost of repairing if possible

thanks

2.6K Posts

August 7th, 2013 10:00

Hello Sun08,

Please contact our Expired Warranty Services (this is for US based customers) for the estimated price to get the computer repaired. 

Hope this helps!

No Events found!