Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 14:00

network adapter missing windows 10 upgrade - XPS 13 L322X (early 2013)

I'm running 8.1 and successfully upgraded to 10 last night. Unfortunately, my network adaptor has disappeared and I have no available WIFI connections. The only option is to connect via ethanet which unfortunately my XPS 13 cannot do. Downloaded and installed the latest W10 Intel driver for the Centrino adapter but no succes.

Anyone experiencing the same issues ?

Best regards.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 31st, 2015 21:00

Hi LinkeLoetje,

I would suggest you to download the BIOS on working Internet computer and update the BIOS on the computer you are facing the issue. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, please revert back with a snapshot of the network adapter expanded in the device manager.

August 1st, 2015 13:00

Did download latest BIOS file without succes. Still not working and did roll back to 8.1

Servicetag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 4th, 2015 08:00

Hi LinkeLoetje,

The wireless adaptor is detected in the Device manager. You should be able to see the wireless connections available. Press Fn + F2 to enable/disable the wireless radio.

August 4th, 2015 14:00

Thanks for the tip but that is not working. Although detected in the device manager the adapter is not vissible in the network connections. It seems that more users are facing this problem.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 8th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Please use the link below to run the Manual fix the issue.

http://bit.ly/1OXeEzw

Please let me know if this helps.

August 12th, 2015 12:00

Cisco VPN client caused the problem. De-installed under windows 8.1 and the upgrade to Win10 worked like a dream.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Best regards.

No Events found!