Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

November 19th, 2013 05:00

new XPS 13 Haswell Win7 AND 8GB RAM?

I see that the Windows 7 (non touch) version of the XPS 13 refresh with the Haswell chip only comes with 4GB of RAM. Is there a way to get it with 8GB, or to add 4GB after the purchase (ie is there a user-accessible open RAM slot)?

The machine looks promising, but 4GB seems like a non-starter, esp these days.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 19th, 2013 05:00

Hi levon9,

I see that you are looking for non touch system with Haswell processor, Windows 7 and 8GB RAM. Currently Dell has not configured New XPS 13 with these options. However you can go for Alienware 14 with same options.

You cannot upgrade the memory on New XPS 13 as it’s embedded on the system board.

6 Posts

November 19th, 2013 06:00

Hi levon9,

I see that you are looking for non touch system with Haswell processor, Windows 7 and 8GB RAM. Currently Dell has not configured New XPS 13 with these options. However you can go for Alienware 14 with same options.

Hi, I think it's safe to assume that someone looking at an ultrabook weighing about 3 lbs is not going to be interested in a machine that's over 6 lbs :)

Do you think there's a chance a 8GB version might become available?

You cannot upgrade the memory on New XPS 13 as it’s embedded on the system board.

Thanks, that is useful information, though bad news for consumers IMO. I fail to see the rationale for offering a premium product with only 4GB of RAM these days, but I'm sure Dell and/or its marketing people had their reasons (it's certainly not a technical one). It seems otherwise like a great choice, 8GB would have sealed the deal for me.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 21st, 2013 07:00

Hi levon9,

Currently Non touch version of New XPS 13 is available only with 4GB RAM. Please be checking our Dell site if the options would be made available.

1 Message

February 3rd, 2014 20:00

Of course, one option for the touch version of the new XPS 13 Haswell does come with 8GB RAM, as well as 256 GB SSD, and the i7 chip. This is the premier machine.

No Events found!