Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2016 23:00

new xps13 unable to register for warranty because service tag not found + unable to reach customer service

I purchased a new xps13 from dell over two weeks ago.  Currently the laptop is working fine, however, I've tried tried to register the laptop under 'my products' multiple times since receiving the laptop.  Whenever I try to enter the service tag, it keeps giving me an error "Products not found. There’s no match for the Service Tags that were entered."  At first I thought maybe it was because the laptop was new, but it has been 2 weeks now and I'm still getting the same message.

Not only that, but I've been trying to contact dell through email for 2 weeks now and I always get the same "you will get a response in 24hour" reply but nobody ever replies.  I feel like the biggest moron right now because I paid for 3 years of 'premium support' and you won't even answer a freaking email.  I'm pretty close to just returning this laptop and buying a piece of *** macbook because at least apple responds to support requests.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 13th, 2016 03:00

Was the system purchased direct from Dell?

2 Posts

November 13th, 2016 08:00

Yes, right off their website.  The laptop is listed in my order status on dell's website under my account.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 13th, 2016 09:00

It can take a couple of weeks for new service tags to show up, but you will want to call Dell customer support to ask ASAP, as you're nearing the end of your return period (21 days from shipment).

1-800-624-9897

No Events found!