Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2009 12:00

post windows reinstall...

Hi, i have a dell inspiron E1505, windows xp. i was recently infected with a virus that corrupted my system32/HAL file. when every method i knew and every other method online to safely recover without reinstalling failed, i decided to reinstall all of windows. after which i installed all the drivers available on my "drivers and utilities software." the laptop is functional at the moment. however, i have no wireless capabilities, it appears i can't even turn wifi on. under "Network Connection," in the control panel, WiFi is not an option. i checked Bios to see if wireless was enabled, it is. also my laptop is running perhaps 25% the speed that it used to. even scrolling down on a browser takes a very long time and when i type (especially when i delete) it seems almost like movie that is skipping frames.(perhaps a video driver mishap?)

i assume i skipped some step in the reinstallation process or i missed some extra driver i was suppose to pick up. if someone could please send some advice my way that would be very helpful and very much appreciated.

thank you,

-Dell E1505 User

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 16th, 2009 13:00

nmycle,

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first, then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

:emotion-55: Hint :emotion-55: When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

4 Posts

November 30th, 2009 01:00

sorry for the extremely late reply. i think i had messed up the order i installed the drivers. i rebooted again and everything has been working fine now. i wish i could get synthac back. if there is a way please let me know. thank you

No Events found!