Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2014 22:00

power adapter for dell inspiron

I just recently received an old inspiron laptop, I got a power adapter for it. plugged in adapter and no lights and would not turn on, looked at adapter, it said it was 19.5 v / 3.34a, looked on laptop and found it needed a 19.5 v / 4.3 a adapter. I was just thinking that I got the wrong adapter, because the amps are not high enough, am I right?  

3 Posts

August 1st, 2014 11:00

Thank you for the reply, I thought about  that also but wasn't sure. Thank you for the quick responce, you answered my question.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 30th, 2014 00:00

Hi rfcomptech,

Please private message us the system service tag and the AC adapter serial number so that I can check confirm you the compatibility. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

3 Posts

August 1st, 2014 10:00

Hi Ravi BC I have sent two private messages and its been a couple of days since I sent the first private message, no response. Please contact me by email or private message. My emailaddress is Email id removed per privacy policy>, Thank you. 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 1st, 2014 11:00

Though the replacement adapter is 65W (vs. 90 needed), the system should power up, albeit with a warning that the adapter is of insufficient power.  If it doesn't, there's a problem with an internal component in the notebook.

No Events found!