Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 25th, 2012 01:00

problem battery

Since yesterday I get the pictogram showed below on my taskbar instead of the usual status sign for the battery ;

nothing changed , I have not opened my laptop but suddenly it keeps saying it doesn't recognize the battery.

Laptop is only 1 year old , so battery is fairly new.

This way I cannot see if the battery is being charged at all , very worrysome situation.

Can anyone help ?

I see the copy hasn't made it to this forum.............. pictogram looks like battery & electric plug with small red cross over it.

December 25th, 2012 02:00

Hi SanB,

Please follow the below steps which may fix the issue:

1. The first step which I would recommend is to remove the power cable and the battery. Hold the power button down for 15-20 seconds and then put the battery and the adapter back in and start the computer. Check if it works.
2. Please check the jack on the AC Adapter for any damage.
3. Try with a good known AC Adapter (if available).
4. Look for a green light on the A/C adapter or a blue light on the connector that connects to the computer.

You can also refer to the link for AC Adapter and Battery issue:

http://dell.to/Jz6rUA

Meanwhile, if you provide me with the system model number, I will be able to assist you better.

Please reply.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

2 Posts

December 25th, 2012 17:00

Already removed and replaced battery without holding any buttons - and so far it worked .............. but TX a lot for yr answer !

December 27th, 2012 04:00

Hi SanB, 

Great to know that everything is working fine.:emotion-1:

Please reply for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

No Events found!