Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 22nd, 2013 11:00

problem with USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller

Hi my laptop is a Dell XPS L702X  i7-2630q 2.00 ghz    16g ram   System Windows 7 -64bit

I have that message in Device Manager for USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller     (This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)).      I update my software always all drivers are fresh. Today I reinstal    (USB3_Renesas_W7_A03_Setup-61X2W_ZPE)    that only usb drivers what can i find on dell page and still this same, I check Intel upgrades and all are OK only Intel® Wireless Display Software is older but it was like this from half year or more when I install that driver it still show this same message.   Please let me know what I supposed to do.

p.s that issue happen in this month before every think was ok thx

Email id removed per privacy policy>

1.8K Posts

February 25th, 2013 08:00

Hi keanulasut,

Intel WiDi 3.5 driver: http://dell.to/XQSSl4 is compatible with both Windows 7 and Windows 8. You may confirm the compatibility of driver by clicking on arrow besides compatibility tab. 

Please reply for further clarifications. 

1.8K Posts

Hi keanulasut,

You may download  and re-install the chipset drivers for your computer from the links below:

Steps to download drivers:

• Click on “Download File”.
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”.
  • Save the driver on your desktop.
  • Once the driver is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
  • Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer.

If the issue still persists, you can check Intel Driver Update Utility from link: http://intel.ly/RFeALf

Click on 'Check your system for latest updates' and follow the prompts on screen 

Please reply for further clarifications. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Thx I will try it , but is the   Intel WiDi 3.5 driver: http://dell.to/XQSSl4 driver is for windows 8??

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2013 12:00

Thx,  I install first 3 from up and still this same, and  the last one  (Intel WiDi 3.5 driver: http://dell.to/XQSSl4) before  

I will install that one just can You confirm is the right one for my system because description in that driver shows that is for Windows 8 and i have Windows 7 64 bit can You confirm is that correct driver

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 26th, 2013 06:00

thanks for annswer i will try this driver right now, an will see if it helps thx

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 26th, 2013 07:00

I try to install all drivers that you show me, but still same ---(This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)--- that the note show in general settings of  USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller. I check inter updates as well all is updated to the date just  Intel® Wireless Display Software shows that is there is newer driver  but when I try to install it I get information ----(  This platform is not compatible with Inter(R)WIDI or the application is in use. Please see log for more details.  Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please close The Intel(R)Widi application if is running and run setup again with compatible platform )---??

So I don't know what can I do now

1.8K Posts

February 26th, 2013 15:00

Hi keanulasut,

You may uninstall the previous installation of Intel WiDi application from control panel and then re-install it from the links in previous post. Another step you may try is to use System restore and restore the computer to the date prior this issue occurred. All the data on computer will be safe but the applications that you have installed after that restore point, you might need to re-install it. 

Open System Restore by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore --> Click it. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Follow the prompts to choose a restore point and restore your computer. 

Please reply in case you have any further questions. 

No Events found!