glasgow boy
1 Nickel

Re: problems when just typing

Jump to solution

Good morning Allan,

New user administrator account created with quick-set enabled.

Once created i opened notepad and wordpad, tried typing, and everything went fine, no problems.

I then switched user, back to my original account and done the same, the error still exists there.

On the first login to my original account i could'nt help but notice that there were many empty spaces as almost half of my program shortcuts have gone from my desktop (around 19 in all).

I was'nt expecting that just by creating a new account, but i suppose they can be put back.

I think i know what the next step might be, but i'll not get ahead of myself before i hear it from you Allan.

Thanks mate,

Andy(Glasgow Boy)

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello Andy,

It seems that the issue is with the user profile. Since it works in the new user account, I would suggest you to use the new one. I am sure you must have a lot of data in your old account. Hence please transfer all the data from the old account to the new one

**Note: Do not delete the folders and files from the account they are in until you are sure they are duplicated where you need them.
Once the files are transferred, the old account can be deleted. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks & Regards
Allan D
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

glasgow boy
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello Allan,

I just want to say a big thank you for all your help mate. I realy do appreciate your time and effort in staying with me and your input, to help solve this irritating problem. I have been busy transfering my folders to the new account, and as of now, everything is working out just fine.

Keep on doing what you do pal, i'm sure all appreciate it.

Regards and best wishes,

have a great day, wherever you are !!

Andy(Glasgow Boy

Jump to solution

Hello Andy,

I am glad that the issue is resolved. I appreciate all your efforts in fixing the problem.

Kindly post me if you need any further help.

Thanks & Regards
Allan D
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

0 Kudos
faizalenu
2 Iron

Jump to solution

If the problem happens in Quick Set, disable it on start up using MSconfig and be done with it.

0 Kudos
traceyaf71
1 Copper

Jump to solution

HI Allan, I can't seem to find where to post my own question and since it seemed similiar to Andy's problem, I'm going to try posting here. I just began using my husband's Dell Inspiron N7010. I find the font size on the screen I'm on changes almost constantly! I have it set at 100% and it randomly changes anywhere from down to 70% up to 150%. I will try to move the cursor somewhere on the screen, and this little gray bar pops up all the time, right on the cursor, and the screen starts scrolling. I am on a laptop ALL THE TIME and never have this issue on other computers, and I asked my husband about it and he says, Yes, this does it all the time. I don't know how he works on it. It is driving me NUTS! Please tell me if there is some kind of setting you can adjust to make it 100% where it won't change at a random moment's notice. When it does change, a gray box even pops up in the top right portion of the screen that says something like "revert to original size" or something simliar. I would appreciate any help with this issue. Thank you, Tracey

Texas

0 Kudos