Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 4th, 2016 17:00

problems with integrated camera

i own dell inspiron 5537 although its full of problems and bug and the support team in dell is a 100% USELESS the only problem i couldn't solve was the camera it work fine but then by it self it crash and no matter what i do it doesn't work again the only thing that can make it work ether i restart or close the led so it go to hibernate anyone can help me solving this problem?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 5th, 2016 09:00

:emotion-2:

Please enter your service tag number on the link below, stroll upward to Diagnostic, and then Choose A Diagnostic test.

www.dell.com/.../Products

April 5th, 2016 10:00

I did it and it working fine and the camera works but as I said it crash by it self and I will be needing to restart or put the laptop to hibernate to make it work again

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 6th, 2016 17:00

I also like to suggest you try the steps in the link below, hopefully it help.

windows.microsoft.com/.../can-not-find-start-camera-webcam

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 6th, 2016 17:00

I'm assuming you have windows 10 ? Correct ?

I like to suggest you run the System file checker. It scan for any corrupted system files that could be causing problems and fix those corrupt files as well.

a) Press Windows key + X key at the same time, select Command prompt (Admin)

b) In the command prompt type the following command: sfc/scannow and press enter

If no corrupted system files were found , then I would suggest you try the following steps:

a) Select Command prompt (Admin)

b) In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command....  

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

No Events found!