Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 20th, 2009 23:00

"Beginning dump of physical memory"

My wife called this morning to report in a panic that a blue screen had popped up on the 8400 Dimension PC ... she remembers (something) detected...shutting down, problem could be due to installation of recent software; restart your computer, if unable call (some number).  She was not on-line at the time, we have a dialup service, McAfee protection is current and up-to-date, nothing fancy on this machine and no recent installations.  She says another thing came up "page fault in a non-paged area, technical information... beginning dump of physical memory... physical memory dump complete."  She says it got really interesting, the fan came on at high speed and blew dust all over everything down there.  At this point she just pulled the plug out of the wall to stop it from doing whatever it was doing, because she says she tried to do a shutdown and it would not respond... so she tried the control-alt-delete to get it to do something and nothing would work.

Machine is not responding to anything at the moment (I dug this old computer out of mothballs to get online to join the forum).  When you turn on the main power a whirring noise occurs, it is the fan operating at high speed blowing air out the back.  Monitor does not come on though the power light is on.  Tried putting the installation disk in there to see if it would run it, but nothing. 

Any ideas what has happened here?  Or if there is anything to do about it?  This sounds like some sinister virus, but the protection is current and recent scans have shown no trouble whatsoever.

11 Posts

May 2nd, 2015 01:00

solution what i've found

No matter you are using an old computer or a new at some point you got the “Dumping physical memory Error”, while you are installing windows or software, playing games or maybe between while doing some work. Sometimes this error shows and your computer will restart’s and sometimes this error will freeze your screen until you’ve turn off or restart your computer. I know it can be really annoying, that why I made this tutorial to show you how get rid of this blue screen Dump Of Physical Memory Error.

“Dumping physical memory to disk” is a BSOD or I say blue screen of death and you what, there are so many reasons why you getting this error on your computer and you can also check out all reasons listed below but the main thing what I want to clarify is physical dump is not like other BSOD because in this error your Computer problem is might related to your PC’s ram and there is a 20% of possibilities for your ram got faulty but don’t worry about it it’s also 80% related to your windows or windows drivers corruption and 18% of ram fault can be fixable in the 20% ram faulty possibility.  So, just stick with tutorial and you’ll gonna fix it all. 

There are no. of possible reasons why we get this error on our screen and those reasons are-

1. Windows corrupted by virus
  2. Windows Registry got corrupted
  3. Windows drivers got outdated or corrupted
  4. Windows got corrupted
  5. Ram problem

click on link below to read this full solution

http://www.deskdecode.com/how-to-fix-blue-screen-beginning-dump-of-physical-memory-error/

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 21st, 2009 04:00

Sounds like a dying hard drive is top of the list - F12 at power up.  Boot to the Dell diagnostics and run an extended hard drive scan.

3 Posts

May 21st, 2009 17:00

The same thing happens to my laptop Inspiron 6400,and has been doing so for some time.I just turn it off  and then back on.The following numbers come up on the screen

0x00000044(0x853972eo,0x00000d64,(0x00000000),0x00000000

Any one know what this means?

3 Posts

May 21st, 2009 21:00

Thanks, but when I power up, the monitor remains black. There are a series of four or more beeps from the computer... but nothing happens when I hit F12.  So I am at a loss about what to do.  An engineering guy at work thinks it might be the mother board after listening to the symptoms.  You think it is the hard drive?  How do I narrow this down?  Would love to save the data that was in this thing if there is a chance.

1 Message

May 26th, 2009 21:00

I too am having the same problem with my Inspiron 6400.  It happens after trying to burn a DVD, which I have not been successful at yet with Sonic program.  I get the blue screen after the DVD is formatted, burned, then when I make compatible it crashes and nothing show up on the DVD-R (data) when I'm done.  Also had a crash when my husband was on the internet ESPN. 

I too turn off the computer and turn back on, but this is starting to concern me since it is happening more often.  I have checked the Driver Resest Tool, but no promblems detected. I have updated the firmware on the CD/DVD drive, I have done lots of research, I have scanned the hard disk for errors, degfragmented, deleted unneccesary files, every thing except updating all the drivers and Bios (which I'm afraid will cause more problems).

I really am avoiding using my warranty because I HATE TAKING TO INDIA!  I dread it.  I guess I'd better set aside a few hours to sit on the phone with them and collect some patience to see if we can work through this.  I have been with Dell and PC's for the last 10+ years and am tired of dealing with these issues, have even considered changing teams (Apple/Mac)!!!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 14th, 2009 06:00

Hi there!

I have these problems too!!!  I have Dell Vostro 1700, two years old. When this first happend to me, about 3 weeks ago, I bought new hard disc and repaced one slot of ddr2 (1gb) with new ddr2 (2gb) and  updated Bios to version A07,  and nothing changed. My dell sometimes works for 10min and blue screan appears, and sometimes for 8 hours until it stops. Does anybody have a clue on this?

3 Posts

October 14th, 2009 22:00

Solved my problem completely, by replacing a bad memory stick.  The beep codes in the Dell diagnostic manual (you can find yours online) led me to the solution, and instead of replacing the exact memory stick I was able to get more memory and upgrade the whole system at the same time as I fixed it.  But there is a limit to how much memory you can add, you will find the answer to that as you explore the data in your own computer bootup information.  I was excited/thrilled to be able to open up this machine and install a stick and fix this problem for good, and make it work better than before at the same time. 

As I remember this, the online manual tells you how to trouble shoot the system if your machine has two memory sticks so you do not replace the wrong one.  Very helpful.  Not intimidating once you get going on it.  Good luck.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 16th, 2017 22:00

Windows - 10 Critical Error Your Startmenu Isn’t Operating and Microsoft Critical Error Disease are among the annoying windows problem. This important error message claims the clients to come back their thoughts concerning the wall simply because they can't use their computers properly. Customers have tried numerous techniques to eliminate this error message. Creating a new account or using numerous documents on Windows has failed properly in addition to the problem still remains. Many people have reverted back for their previous version of Windows consequently of the scenario as well as the Microsoft remains struggling to find out the factors causing Startmenu Troubleshooter for Windows-10 and Critical Error Message Disease.

www.thewindowsinsider.org/.../

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 16th, 2017 22:00

No Events found!