Highlighted
sparky79
1 Copper

"windows was unable to connect to" - Dell Inspiron 17 (N7010) wifi and new Modem Arris TM1602

I just switched broadband providers and they switched out my surfboard SB6121 to an Arris TM1602.  Now my laptop won't connect., no matter what I do..

I tried resetting the modem/router,, uninstalling/reinstalling the Dell Wireless WLAN 1501 Half Mini-Card Driver, removing/readding the SSID etc etc...  This is driving me freakin banannas..

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

RE: "windows was unable to connect to" - Dell Inspiron 17 (N7010) wifi and new Modem Arris TM1602

You stated you had a new Gateway.  You do not have a Wireless router but are using the Gateway Wireless?  If you are using the Gateway wireless, that does cost extra, if I remember correctly.

You do not state which OS you are using but can you check the status of the laptop and check what IP addresses it might be using?

Are the lights on the Gateway on as they should be?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos