The_Dan
1 Nickel

Re: 'quote' and "double quote" key issue

Jump to solution

Hey Alyson,

I got an e-mail alert saying someone followed up on this post. I'm happy that it worked for you and that you, like me, had a huge smile cross your face when you reopened your word processor. That quotation thing was frustrating to say the least, but finding its solution really made the skies part and the heavens open up for me. Good to read it did the same for a fellow member of the 410.

Kind regards,
The Dan

Just_Trish
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Dan!

I have the same problem with my Dell and followed your instructions, however when I highlight United States-International....it does not let me click the remove box....it stays grayed out Smiley Sad Any other suggestions?

Just_Trish
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Okay, I clicked unclicked a few things and finally it let me choose the remove button...however I still have the problem Smiley Sad It only affects these keys ~ ^ ` ' "

ganeshskanade
1 Copper

RE: 'quote' and "double quote" key issue

Jump to solution

I got new dell desktop at office (Model No. Optiplex 3010) which had the above issue, and it got fixed using above first suggestion.

However all the desktops of dell in above mentioned model no. in my organzation have same issue.. !!

How you people released such a defective product witout testing??

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Kudos
Kim Huff
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dan,

My computer recently died and I am temporarily using a Dell until I can save up for my new custom built laptop.  I have had this computer for less than a week and the issue with the quotes has been driving me batty.  My problem was EXACTLY the same as Samantha's issues.  Thank you so much for your detailed answer.  Now my keyboard functions correctly and I will have fewer typos.

Kim Huff
Indianapolis, IN

0 Kudos
think202020
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm so glad this support is continuing to help people! 

Thanks for posting, Kim.

Samantha

0 Kudos
lam321f
1 Copper

Jump to solution

thank you, thank you, thank you - this has been bugging me for a couple of years!!!!!

sdemel
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The Dan - I don't know if you'll ever see this but like another poster I went through the steps of becoming a Dell community member just to "like" your response, mark it as an answer, and say a massive thank you for giving me a fix to something that was driving me nuts.  You've saved me a phone call to Dell too, as I thought I must have received a faulty laptop.  Thank goodness for Google and The Dan!!!

The_Dan
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi SDemel,

I get e-mails when someone responds to the thread. To be forthcoming, I'm happy I could help and it's nice to know that this is still making an improvement in people's computing experiences. Thanks for the feedback and the update! I wish you all the best going forward.

- The Dan 

jtdcjtdc
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot The_Dan for the awesome tip in this thread.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Language\Language options\Input method

I made sure the only input method there is US Touck keyboard layout.

Problem fixed.

It was United States-International before.  I experienced this issue on a Dell Inspiron 5459 and a Dell Gaming 7567, and I confirm it is resolved.