Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 8th, 2013 17:00

replacement 1545 battery

Hi, i have an Inspirion 1545 laptop and requires a new battery.  My question is the genuine Dell replacement is over £100.00.

There are dozens of sites offering so called genuine Dell batteries but these are at least a quarter of the price as those on the Dell site ..I've noticed there are slightly different ones being sold as direct replacements IE  voltage is 2-3 v different ,The wh are lower and the number of cells are less. 

ARE THESE ANY GOOD or is it a case of getting what you pay for.

Regards Dominic

1.3K Posts

April 9th, 2013 04:00

Hi Dominic,

Spares from the dealers and third party websites may be compatible and might be available for a lesser price however we always suggest spares from Dell. A spare battery purchased from Dell carries a 1 year warranty as well.

You could contact 1-800-357-3355 to purchase any spares (US only).Kindly let me know if you are from a different region.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 9th, 2013 05:00

If you buy a Dell battery other than from Dell, be sure

(1) the seller is reputable (you'll have no warranty otherwise) and

(2) that the seller will disclose the manufacturing date of the battery before sale.

The life clock of a battery begins ticking the day the cells are produced - if you buy a year-old or more battery, it could well have half its useful life behind it before you even start using it.  Like auto batteries, the fresher, the better - long-term storage doesn't do any good for the life cycle of any lithium or lead-acid battery.

No Events found!