Not applicable

replacement screws for inspiron 1525?

A bunch of the screws have fallen out of the bottom of my Inspiron 1525.  I want to buy more to replace them, but I can't find anywhere that tells me what kind I need to get.  I am missing a bunch from around the edges of the bottom and two or three from the piece in the middle of the bottom.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
10 Diamond

Re: replacement screws for inspiron 1525?

Just about any true computer repair shop (NOT a parts swapper like Geek Squad) will have them.

0 Kudos
7 Gold

Re: replacement screws for inspiron 1525?

A bunch of the screws have fallen out of the bottom of my Inspiron 1525.  I want to buy more to replace them, but I can't find anywhere that tells me what kind I need to get.  I am missing a bunch from around the edges of the bottom and two or three from the piece in the middle of the bottom.  Can anyone help me?

If you don't have a computer repair store nearby, you may be able to do this yourself.

Download the service / owner's manual and see if it mentions the sizes of the screws. If it does, order them from http://www.laptopscrews.com/

You should also buy a Philips 00 screwdriver.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

RE: replacement screws for inspiron 1525?

Hi the 1525 uses m2.5x5mm on the base plastics,m2x3mm inside,m3x3mm on the hard drive.

best place to get screws is from www.laptopscrewsdirect.com, they have a massive selection of screws and they offer free shipping worldwide. and they ship orders same day.

0 Kudos