Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2015 02:00

resolution via DVI lower then via VGA

Hello,

I need your support for my new HW composition.

I have a new DELL Latitude E5440 and the fitting DockingStation DELL PR02X.

Connecting my monitor via DVI I get a max. resolution of 1440x900.

Connecting my monitor via VGA I get a max. resolution of 1680x1050 (max of monitor).

With my former laptop of FSC I could use the monitor via VGA in the highest resolution.

Can you please help me to get the high resolution via DVI?

Thank you very much for your help in advance,

Scorino

1.8K Posts

April 20th, 2015 13:00

Hello,

That docking station, is it using single link or dual link DVI?  Resolutions available may differ.  I think that docking station has a Display Port connector and, if possible, you may want to switch to Display Port.  Display Port has the capacity to handle higher resolutions than DVI will.

VGA can, and does, handle high resolution but does so with an analog signal and slower refresh rates.  

Todd

3 Posts

April 24th, 2015 14:00

Hello,

the Docking station is using dual link DVI.

The docking station has two Display Ports...one under each DVI port.

Currently I don't own a display port adapter and no display with a display port.

Furthermore DVI dual link should be able to get a resolution of 2048 x 1536 Pixel, not 1280 x 1024.

I would like to use this docking station with DVI and high resolution (Full HD).

Currently I don't understand why this is not possible.

My last laptop was able to produce Full HD to my displays via the same cable.

Just the Laptop and the docking station changed. I'm sorry that I cannot connect DVI directly to the laptop, because there is no port available.

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Scorino

3 Posts

January 7th, 2016 08:00

Hello Todd,

will there be anymore support from DELL side?

I'm still struggling with this problem.

In the following knowledge base DELL is writing it should work with HD resolution via DVI port:

www.dell.com/.../SLN288917

Regrads,

Scorino

No Events found!