Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

January 26th, 2016 07:00

rubber seal around screen coming off - latitude e7440

The rubber seal around my e7440 laptop screen is coming off, as shown in the pics below. It is also bulging outwards when the laptop is closed. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

January 29th, 2016 04:00

Hi AlexRau,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please private message us the service tag of the system in discussion.

Kindest Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

1 Message

February 4th, 2016 03:00

The rubber around the lid of my laptop dell E7440 is coming off. Is there a way I can fix it myself... perhaps glue?

February 5th, 2016 05:00

Hi Mcoleli,

Please private message us the service tag of the system in discussion.

Kindest Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
#IWork4Dell

2 Posts

May 10th, 2016 09:00

Hi Akshatha,

Having the same problem.  Suggestion?

RG

2 Posts

May 10th, 2016 10:00

Akshatha - Having the same problem - suggestion?

42 Posts

May 18th, 2016 04:00

Same problem here.

Any solutions?

I can send the service tag, but I don't have support anymore on it anymore... still worth sending?

May 18th, 2016 09:00

Hi MICHELZ2,

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

Kindest Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
#IWork4Dell

May 18th, 2016 09:00

Hi RGRG09,

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

Kindest Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
#IWork4Dell

1 Message

June 16th, 2016 07:00

Hello there i have the same problem

what should i do?

1 Message

June 21st, 2016 15:00

I am having the same issue on my Latitude E7440.  I went ahead and sent a PM.  Seems to be a common issue and hope there is a fix.

June 22nd, 2016 01:00

Hi CIRUZZZZ,

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id along with the picture of the screen.

1 Message

June 26th, 2016 09:00

Dear Akshatha,

Is there any solution to fix it? At my company we have more laptops with the same problem, I would not call support to come and fix it, if we would be able to do on our own. We have the same issue with Latitude e5440, e6440, e7240, e7440 models, so all of them are the same generation. :)

Hopefully we won't have the same problem with the our exx50 and exx70 generation.

Thanks!

1 Message

July 5th, 2016 05:00

Hello,

I have the same issue and just sent my service tag via PM. I appreciate if you could reply asap so I can fiz this problem.

Regards,

Gustavo

1 Message

July 11th, 2016 05:00

Hi

I have the same issue with a Lattitude E7250. This is still within the warranty period.. Should I call for it to be repaired or do you have a easy ix for this?

1 Message

August 1st, 2016 09:00

This is a known issue with Dell. It is caused by the heat in that area when the Lid is closed (mostly a problem for people who use their machine docked). This is covered under the Warranty

No Events found!