Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2015 22:00

screen and LVDS cable replacement on a Latitude E5500

These questions are very specific so bear with me.

I have an old E5500 with a WXGA (1280X800) screen and I want to replace it with a WXGA+ (1440X900) one since some of these Latitude models came with it. The same LVDS cable (part ID DW622) is used for both so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thing is, my unit is one the newer ones and some of the components are different (at least according to Dell), namely the LVDS cable (ID 72W6R). Will this still work? Because I'm not sure which cable the 'newer' WXGA+ units use. If not, can I just replace mine with an older DW622 one or are they specific to the mobo?

Regarding the screen itself, the actual part is a LTN154BT05 (JC99C) but I found a good deal where I live on a B154PW01 and, according to some eBay sellers and laptopscreen, it has the same size, backlight, connector and is indeed compatible with the E5500, but is there any way to know for sure?

Thanks for the help.

9 Posts

June 30th, 2015 09:00

Just to clarify things, here's what I want to know in a nutshell: are Dell screen connectors interchangeable?

I know they're specific to their model but how about two notebooks of the same model that use different parts (at least according to Dell's website, I'm not sure how much they actually differ).

No Events found!