Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2015 11:00

slow and freezes

I have have this computer since septemeber.. Bought it from Staples It loads pages very slowly and lately has been freezing,

Can I return for for a normal laptop?

I ran the diagnosis and nothing happened and now Dell is trying to sell me another program from Iolo instead of helping me fix the problem with their product.

Also there is what looks like a defective pixel...small white spot in screen.

1.8K Posts

March 23rd, 2015 11:00

Hi Brian,

You would have to contact Staples to see what their return policy is like, but I doubt very highly they would allow a return on a system that is around 6 months old.   

You may want to check out a few of the articles that can be found in our Laptop FAQ page.  It has links explaining how to run diagnostics on your system to find out if there is a hardware issue that is causing your symptoms.  If the diagnostics don't show any hardware issues you may want to take a look at the support articles for Windows on our FAQ for Windows Boards

You also didn't mention which model you have.  You can go to http://www.dell.com/Support and pull up the support pages for your specific model.  It will have links on some other support articles that may help you figure out why it's running so slowly.

And as always, I recommend you run your virus / malware software that you have on your system, as well as the basic Windows tune-up.

Let us know if any of these articles help and if you're able to figure out why your system loads pages so slowly.   Most likely it's a question of simply cleaning up your system and removing some of the software that is loading, so the system performs better. 

Todd

No Events found!