Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 6th, 2015 07:00

sound issue with inspiron 3421

hello,i have purchased laptop few months ago, now i am having problem with the sound issues, the sound from laptop is inaudible, system sound as well as speaker are inaudible even in 100%. please help me to resolve this issue.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 20th, 2015 06:00

Hello. I apologize for the long delay in responding to your question.

I suggest that you go to Dell's Inspiron 14 3421 html page and download and install a fresh copy of the Realtek audio driver. Select the latest version for your operating system. Scroll down to the Audio category and you will see Realtek drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 (WB64A) and Win10 (WT64T or WT32T, meaning Win 10 64-bit or 32-bit)..

September 28th, 2015 11:00

i have downloaded the audio driver but still the sound is low. 

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 28th, 2015 12:00

Switch from the Realtek driver to the Windows native audio driver. If sound problems are still present with the native driver then contact tech support about possible hardware failure.

1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).
2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".
3. Select to "Update Driver Software".
4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".
6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.
7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).
8. Click "Next".
9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver).
10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.
[To get back to the Realtek driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]

No Events found!