Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2009 15:00

studio 14z bios update failure

When I run recently released A04 bios setup on a 64-bit Studio 14z, I am getting a failure saying "Driver has been blocked from loading" (Error code 1275). For some reason, the bios setup is not signed and as far as I understand 64-bit windows doesn't load unsigned drivers.

Does anyone know of a workaround to install latest bios?  I have a laptop without any DVD drive and neither do I have an USB DVD drive around. Its really strange to me why dell would release an unsigned installation.

Thanks in advance for your response.

2 Posts

December 6th, 2009 21:00

I'm having a similar problem, also Studio 14Z.  It complains about not having Admin priviledges but I do.  I haven't found a way around this yet.  Tried running as admin, moved the folder to another drive, granted my acct rights to the folder (just in case)... no luck.

5 Posts

December 6th, 2009 23:00

Thanks a lot. This worked.

1 Message

December 16th, 2009 16:00

DELL MISTAKE - After choosing Windows 7 - 64 bit from the pull-down menu, Dell posts the 32-bit version of the BIOS for you to download, which will not work.

You need to click on the MORE OPTIONS link in the BIOS section. On that page, you can download the 64-bit version of the BIOS. Hopefully this will fix my 14z Windows 7 freeze problems. Good luck, and Dell - please fix this to point to the correct download link.

No Events found!