-mike-b-
1 Copper

studio 1537 background noise audio problem

i have had my laptop for around a year now, and think i have had this problem the whole time. there is a very irritating constant static sort of noise in the background when i have my laptop connected to speakers or headphones, not through the laptops own speakers. muting the volume lowers the noise significantly. 

it is most noticeable through headphones and makes it hard to listen to music and especially movies. has anyone else experienced this problem? any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
7- Thorium

Re: studio 1537 background noise audio problem

One thought, most headphone and speaker cables are not shielded and thus prone to outside interference.  You can't do it with the headphones but use a shielded audio cable rather than the supplied cable to connect the speaker system to the PC and see if that makes a difference.    Wireless connections have been known to cause various sound interference (noise) problems.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos