acgiannopo
1 Nickel

Re: studio 1537 media panel problems

Check this out. It is a fix for our problem. I have allready tried and works fine.

Here is the link for the firmware

Update firmware for system hinge cover.

Create a bootable CD:

NOTE: Please make sure you have CD imaging software installed in your system, which can create a bootable CD based on ISO image format.

1. Download the firmware installation file FM7_X0D.ISO, and save it in your system.
2. Run the CD imaging software to create a bootable CD based on this FM7_X0D.ISO file.

Take Roxio Creator as an example for the procedure.

1. Insert a blank writable CD in your system.
2. Open Roxio Creator.
3. Click File menu.
4. Go to New Project / Copy / Burn Disc Image to Disc.
5. Click Browse.
6. Add this FM7_X0D.ISO file from the location you saved.
7. Click button to continue, till complete the CD creation.

Flash firmware:

NOTE: Please make sure A/C power is being used while updating the firmware.

1. Insert this CD in your system.
2. Reboot the system, and enter one-time boot menu by pressing F12.
3. Boot from the CD drive.
4. The CD will autorun and update the firmware.
5. Once completed, screen will show pass and Flash Successful.
6. Shut down the system.
7. Remove A/C power cable and battery.
8. Replug in A/C power cable and battery to continue normal operation.

NOTE: Please make sure to remove A/C power and battery once firmware update completed.

0 Kudos
jaketgg
1 Copper

I have had this issue for over 3 months (2 motherboards and 3 hinge covers).  I

was firm with them getting my point across, but never lost my temper.  My case

eventually was transfered from Technical Support to Customer Relations.  I don't

think the two communicate, as it was during this time the firmware fix came out

which I applied.  It seems to fix the ejecting issue, but since the last motherboard

change, the fan periodically will begin to run at high speed and will eventually slow

down.

Anyway, they promised me a brand new replacement 1537.  Since the fingerprint

reader was no longer available, they sent me a 1555 with facial recognition.  Got

it yesterday along with other upgrades.  Had the LED 1280 X 800 display, got the 900p.

Had the 256mb Radeon 3450, got the 512mb Radeon 4570.  Needless to say the

sound quality on the 1555 is 100% improved.

I have to say, the reps I dealt with were professional, and tried their best to accomodate

me.  The last week or so waiting for the replacement PC, they were calling at least two

times a week with updates.  I don't ever wan't to ever go through this again, but in the end,

I'm content with the outcome.

I hope all turns out well for everybody.  I have to go and cleanout the 1537 and

package it for return.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Im having the exact same problem with my 1537 but i've been on dell about fixing it. I would boot up my comp and it wouldnt start so they replaced the battery and power cable. then after they replaced the battery windows wouldnt load so they had to replace my mother board all this time not fixing my media panel button and the DVD/RW drive from ejecting disc's. now there gonna try and replace my DVD/RW drive. and sometimes my touch pad wont work. theyve reinstalled the BIOS but nothing. i purchased my studio 1537 in december and my one year warranty will be up before to long. any suggestions?? please

0 Kudos
acgiannopo
1 Nickel

Im having the exact same problem with my 1537 but i've been on dell about fixing it. I would boot up my comp and it wouldnt start so they replaced the battery and power cable. then after they replaced the battery windows wouldnt load so they had to replace my mother board all this time not fixing my media panel button and the DVD/RW drive from ejecting disc's. now there gonna try and replace my DVD/RW drive. and sometimes my touch pad wont work. theyve reinstalled the BIOS but nothing. i purchased my studio 1537 in december and my one year warranty will be up before to long. any suggestions?? please

Fewer posts above is the answer to media panel problem. Download and install the updated media panel firmware following the instructions. Works 100%.

0 Kudos
crmn2dnce
1 Copper

Warning when I loaded the firmware it just disabled my whole control panel so none of the buttons worked. After I downloaded it that is when Dell decided to reload my BIOS and all those other fix downloads that finally fixed the problem. So, when you copy the firmware on to cd and load it be repared to maybe still have to call Dell. I personally prefer the online chat with Dell so they can do all the downloads remotely.

0 Kudos
tony336
1 Nickel

I can only say what I've said before , and that is to follow acgiannopo's instructions that he has posted several times. This was a complete cure for my troubles . Note that you must do exactly as he says including removing the battery and unplugging the power .

0 Kudos
tgah
1 Copper

Hi

I download the firmware fix from acgiannopo in early june, ran it as instructed and have had no more problems with the media bar controls at all. So it does work as far as I'm concerned.

Andy

0 Kudos
ThatGuy1
1 Nickel

Installed the firmware about a month ago and it works perfectly.

0 Kudos
timf76
1 Copper

I did the firmware update about 2 months ago, no problems

0 Kudos
SeaPack
1 Copper

Hi acgiannopo,

The Studio 1340 has similar issues with the media panel buttons freezing up and not responding. Do you know if this firmware will address this issue for the Studio 1340?

Thanks.

0 Kudos