Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 11th, 2013 06:00

system slow

i have Dell dell inspiron N5010 i3 with 2GB RAM it was brought in UAE but i found it too slow performance when i ask this to dell official page in Facebook their reply was not clear to me they said this product is only shipped for 64bit operating system but i\m using the same other than that some issue about partition which was not clear!! can anyone help me it's too slow to use internet only i have install all drivers but when playing media from local drive it use to get  stuck every 1 or 2 minutes but same thing if i play from pen drive it play without error as well complete system get stuck  every minutes i belive this is some harddrive partition issue plz help me out !!!

3.1K Posts

Hi frankysmile,

System can slow down due to various reason. I would suggest you to run the Dell Diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ‘Diagnostics’ from the boot menu. Please refer Here if any error code shows up.

Alternately, run the Fixit to increase the performance from Here.

I would also suggest to observe the computer in Safe Mode and check if you experience the same issue. You may follow the steps below to start the computer in Safe Mode :

• Power off the computer.
  • Restart the computer, tap F8 on Dell logo 2-3 times.
  • This will take you to ‘Windows Advanced Boot Options’.
  • Choose ‘Safe Mode’ in the Advanced Boot menu (use ‘up’ or ‘down’ arrow keys to highlight the option, press ‘enter’ to select).
  • When Windows finishes loading in Safe mode, check if the same issue persists.

Hope this helps.

119 Posts

Hi frankysmile,

please do this

1. In start menu press RUN or simply Press Win + R

2. Type ‘msconfig’ and press Enter

3. Choose startup tab

4. Uncheck programs that you won't load with windows startup

5. Click Apply then Ok

6. It will prompt you to restart

7. Changes will be saved once you will restart

119 Posts

The issue can be also caused by overheating of the processor

please check a motherboard cooling, the temperature is it normal or not ?  

May 11th, 2013 12:00

@ take it easy

start up issue helps me quite little coz i had tried it with some additional application earlier but i was not sure that was working or not and ive no idea first of all that how to check overheating but as i've run the all Dell Diagnostics so i belive there is no issue with this but want to make clear that what s actually dell supportive partition should.

Thanx!!

May 11th, 2013 12:00

it helps quite little but these thing i've done with some additional application but i was not sure that were working actually or not ...thank you!!

May 11th, 2013 13:00

@ Dell_ Appu S

Sir i've run the Dell Diagnostic completely after first pop up says no error than to i completed it till last and it has no error

also i've run the system through safe mode and yes it was perfect on that mode as normal PC but due to it's

condition i couldn't check media plays on it but other than that every thing was quite fast

so my point is where might be error i want to know about Dell partition formats what exactly need to de done

as well which OS suits this model since i've no idea on these all kindly help me out, Thanx for response !!

May 11th, 2013 13:00

@ Dell_ Appu S

Sir i've run the Dell Diagnostic completely after first pop up says no error than to i completed it till last and it has no error

also i've run the system through safe mode and yes it was perfect on that mode as normal PC but due to it's

condition i couldn't check media plays on it but other than that every thing was quite fast

so my point is where might be error i want to know about Dell partition formats what exactly need to de done

as well which OS suits this model since i've no idea on these all kindly help me out, Thanx for response !!

3.1K Posts

May 14th, 2013 09:00

Hi frankysmile,

If the system worked fine after disabling the Start up items, there is a possibility that some software might be conflicting. I would suggest you to disable the start up items in a sequence. May be disable first 4 programs and check. Then another 4 programs and so on.

You may watch the video on 'Stop Startup Programs with MSCONFIG' to manage the start up items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MnO8T_4uUbQ

If the issue persists, try creating a new user account and check. Please refer to the link on How to Create a user account http://bit.ly/VNSBTb.

Please reply with the findings.

No Events found!