touchpad scroll problem

The scroll area on my touchpad isn't working? Every time I touch the side to scroll it just moves the pointer instead of scrolling. What can I do?
0 Kudos
20 Replies
bacillus
Diamond

Re: touchpad scroll problem

is this a new problem?

looked in control panel>mouse to set what you want?
0 Kudos

I tried that...everything is set correctly...and yes it is a new problem
0 Kudos
parkerti
Gold

What program are you in?
0 Kudos

What do you mean by what program?? The scroll won't work if any program that I'm in if that's what you mean...
0 Kudos
parkerti
Gold

OK, that is what I was referring to. Sometimes the settings within the program itself (Netscape) can cause problems.
0 Kudos
williamjose
Bronze

I also have this problem.  After installing Vista the touchad did not scroll.  I installed both the XP drivers and the generic last drivers and it still won't work in any program.  The touchpad is a Synaptics one, and was designed to use virtual scrolling, and other features that also are'nt available.  Can someone please help me?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
parkerti
Gold

You might try this site: http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm You didn't metion your model so I don't know if Dell has Vista drivers or not but Synaptics definitely does. Good luck!
0 Kudos

I actually got this problem fixed some time ago...I have Windows XP......I think i fixed it by reinstalling the driver.
0 Kudos
williamjose
Bronze

I have an Inspiron 6000 and neither do the XP drivers work, nor the synaptics drivers, which by the way warn, since they are generic a loss of advanced features can happen. 
0 Kudos