Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 9th, 2013 09:00

unable to view photos in online albums

I am attempting to edit some photos to purchase through an online photo site.  I am able to download the photo and select it to purchase a print, but when I try to view the photo in the album the photos do not appear.  I tried several photo sites and it happens in all of them.  I am able to see the photos on my tablet so the problem is specific to this PC.  I have been able to do this in the past so this is a recent problem.  I have completed all the current updates that were suggested.  I am assuming there was a recent update that caused this problem.  Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Amanda Bornick

3 Posts

May 9th, 2013 11:00

I am using a dell inspiron N5110.  I can save the pictures to my PC just fine.  I can not see them in my Walgreens.com photo album.  I also tried Snapfish and Walmart.  Is this specific enough for you to help me now?  Your suggestion did not help at all...it has nothing to do with my problem.

1.5K Posts

May 9th, 2013 11:00

Hi Amanda,

Please share the system model and operating system installed. Also, share the format of the files that you are trying to download and view.

It appears that when you are downloading the pictures they are getting saved in the cache files and not appearing in My Pictures or Album. Please create a new folder on the desktop, download and save all the pictures in that folder. Check if you are able to view them now.

Hope this helps. Please share the results.

3 Posts

May 9th, 2013 12:00

I updated java and adobe flash, restarted my PC, tried to view the pictures again, and could not see them.  I downloaded Google Chrome and was able to view them.  This is a great workaround,  however it doesn't correct the problem with Internet explorer.  Thanks for the band aid.

1 Message

Like stated, update your Adobe Flash Player with the latest version and try different browsers. If the problem persist contact a tech. I had a similar problem when staying at a relative's home when I had problems with my home's piping, the guys who handled it did a great job by the way. Call Ritz Plumbing for trenchless sewer repair in Hollywood if ever needed.

1.5K Posts

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for sharing the information.

I have checked the Walgreens website and they use Adobe Flash Player for uploading and viewing the pictures. I recommend that you to try updating the Adobe Flash Player from the link http://adobe.ly/3DFbQq. Click on the option 'Get the latest version' to update it. These steps are for Windows 7. If you are using Windows 8, please make sure that you have all the Windows Updates installed.

In case the above steps doesn't work, try using different browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. Hope this helps.

Please reply with the results.

124 Posts

May 9th, 2013 14:00

If there is a Compatability View button in the address bar try hitting it. I just recently noticed this and it worked for me ... now if MS can figure out which update caused this and fix it???

Please post if you try this.

1.5K Posts

May 10th, 2013 07:00

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for sharing the information. This isolated the issue to be with the Internet Explorer browser. You may try resetting the Internet Explorer, here are the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer and click on Tool.
  • Click on Internet Options from the drop down menu. An Internet Options dialog box will appear (see image)

• Click on Advanced tab, click Reset. A dialog box will appear, check the box which says delete personal settings.
  • Restart the Internet Explorer and check functionality.

Please share the results.

No Events found!