Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 8th, 2016 17:00

unknown devices in device manager in xps 13 9350

Does anyone else have these two Unknown Devices in their XPS 13 device manager? I don't recall removing anything that would cause this and the system can't find any device drivers for it nor does updating the drivers from the dell web site resolve it.
There isn't any current function that we're using that isn't working so I'm not sure what category of thing these are and the hardware ID's aren't of the expected format so they don't reveal anything either.  
Everything is unplugged and wireless is turned off(airplane mode on) so these are not external items.

9 Posts

December 27th, 2016 12:00

I believe what Colin is saying is that it is expected. They are software 'devices' that are there because the software is installed (though not sure why they couldn't fix it so it wasn't showing this way).  So there is nothing to do and you there is nothing that isn't working incorrectly because of this device manager notification.

3 Posts

March 9th, 2016 13:00

Hello CBME/ Did you find a solution? I have the same problem

9 Posts

March 10th, 2016 19:00

Nope.  Though I'm sort of glad you noticed the same thing so I know I don't have a unique situation.  I don't imagine most folks ever go to the device manager now days (or even know what it is) to see this.

3 Posts

March 11th, 2016 04:00

I wonder if someone from dell could identify the problem and find a solution?

6 Posts

March 11th, 2016 07:00

same thing on the XPS 15 9550 as well....

• 

351 Posts

March 11th, 2016 07:00

Hi,

These 2 "Unknown Devices" are part of the Dell Client System Analyzer software

DellProf is the Dell System Analyzer Control Device

DDDriver is the Dell Diags Device Driver

3 Posts

July 13th, 2016 17:00

I have same problem in dell inspiron 13 7359. Where i can download this drivers.

Thanks!

9 Posts

July 14th, 2016 12:00

Thanks for the clarification.  Are you saying they will never be 'known' even if the software is correctly installed? (I'm also assuming they are virtual devices - software, not actual hardware)

2 Posts

December 27th, 2016 06:00

Hi Colin,

I have the same problem and am wondering how to fix it? I have searched for the software you mentioned above but cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks!

2 Posts

December 29th, 2016 10:00

Ok cool, that's good to know - thanks for clarifying CBMe!

No Events found!