suipshesta
1 Copper

upgrade processor

Jump to solution

hello there! i have dell n4050 laptop with i3 second generation processor. i want to get it upgraded to i7. Is it possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Krypton

RE: upgrade processor

Jump to solution

i5 yes; i7, no.

The system had the option of an i5-2410m, so that CPU should work.  So should others in the same family.

If you're still running a conventional hard drive, a solid state drive is a far more cost-effective upgrade than any CPU upgrade you can use.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

i5 yes; i7, no.

The system had the option of an i5-2410m, so that CPU should work.  So should others in the same family.

If you're still running a conventional hard drive, a solid state drive is a far more cost-effective upgrade than any CPU upgrade you can use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
suipshesta
1 Copper

Jump to solution

upgrading i7 is completely impossible or one should consider other factor such as cache memory RAM etc....! what are other things  that should also be upgraded? 

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

The system won't take an i7 - the mainboard isn't designed for one.  Just about anything other than an SSD or RAM upgrade is either impossible with this system, or just not worth the effort and cost.  It's an outdated budget system that just isn't capable of certain tasks -- no upgrade will change that.

0 Kudos