Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2013 14:00

vostros 1510 booting up

Hi,

The computer is not booting up. Before the trouble started, I inserted by mistake a non USB cable and the screen then became one with  DOS script and wrote at the end  to enter  a key to continue. the key suggested was  F1 which i entered and the Microsoft blue screen returned with no apparent  problem.  I didn't turn  the computer off when i finished  but comping back i couldn't boot it back on. Of the 6  boxes on top of the laptop (small boxes to the right of the "on/off button) only the 3 on the right are lite with the one box blinking on with the number 9 in blue and the other 2 showing blue symbolds in the squares.

I  turned the computer off and then on with no different results.  The power cord pack is fine and working.

Any help would be appreciated.

3.8K Posts

February 24th, 2013 20:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. If the box with the number 9 led is blinking and the other 2 are steady blue, indicates a motherboard failure. FLASH-ON-ON is for a system board error.

If you have an active warranty, or need a quote, send me a Private message, click on my user name, add me as a friend, and send me your Full Name, Service Tag and Phone Number.

Thank you.

No Events found!