Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 04-30-2017 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

web cam driver for dell inspiron 5520 15R

hi , i got new dell inspiron 5520 laptop. i install win 7 64bit . but i cant find the web cam driver . pls tell me how to use web cam .

Replies (22)

Hi  Leo,

This error message is not clear.This test is suppose to be an interactive test.Did it ask you to press any key on the keyboard?

This time also try the Component test(select Component  and run test on camera). Please post back the exact error message/code if any.

Also private message me your system Service tag number.To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

Hi  Leo,

I received your private message.

As per what we have tried so far most likely its an issue with the hardware(webcam) as its not getting detected in Windows and it may need to be replaced.

I would suggest you to take the system to your nearest Dell Authorized Service Provider for repair options.

Click here for your regional Dell Authorized Service Provider contact information.

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thanks it worked for me too, though I didn't uninstalled the software driver that came initially with the system, but I just overwrite it and i found that it worked.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

9 Palladium

pandian traders,

No image was showing.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Is your computer is under warranty?

Rick

#DellRockstar

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

This is a Dell User Forum. I am a Dell user, just like you are.
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

thanks  for this ...........

but where can i find the windows 8.1 version of this driver?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hello Rajesh,

I tried doing the first 4 steps.

but i m not able to locate Dell Webcam Central.

Plz guide me.

thank you very much

Regards,

Asma Abrar

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thank you for the download.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

i need help guys,

where can  i download the Dell WebCam Central, i reset my computer and everything was erase. 

I loved that program i had try to installed but it does not work. Can someone help me please

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I also have the same problem webcam still not showing up under imaging devices and webcam does not work

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor