YOUFFY
1 Copper

web cam driver for dell inspiron 5520 15R

hi , i got new dell inspiron 5520 laptop. i install win 7 64bit . but i cant find the web cam driver . pls tell me how to use web cam .

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Dell-Rajesh R
5 Tungsten

Re: web cam driver for dell inspiron 5520 15R

Hi YOUFFY,

If the webcam is not working, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the webcam drivers.

To uninstall the Dell webcam central software, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.
  4. Click Programs and Features.
  5. Click Dell Webcam Central.
  6. Click Uninstall.
  7. Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.
  8. Once uninstalled restart the computer.

I have provided a link below to reinstall the webcam drivers.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Let me know the status.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh R
#iworkfordell
To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
If a post answers your question, please click "
Yes".

YOUFFY
1 Copper

Thanx my dear Rajesh ... it works 🙂

0 Kudos
SequenceBarry
1 Copper

I am also having a similar experience. I uninstalled the Dell Webcam Central and ran the executable above to install the drivers. However, I still see no webcam in the device manager. I have enabled WIA and also restarted after installing the drivers. Do I need to reinstall the Dell Webcam Central Software?  

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
leo87
1 Copper

hi

i am facing the same problem! Did you find your answer? Let me know please i need HELP!

Thanks

Leo

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Hi leo,

Welcome to the Community,

Is the Webcam getting detected in Device Manager under Imaging Device?Have you tried installing Webcam Central?

Please post the exact issue you're facing with the Webcam,along with your full system model and Windows version.

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

0 Kudos
leo87
1 Copper

Hello

Glad to hear someone!:) I check the device manager but it does not detected even I click on VIEW-SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES but i can't see imaging Device. Yes, i tried to install the webcam central,i get the driver on dell community but when i install it, this show me:

Windows version: I use windows 7 home basic

System:

Hope that will help you

Leo

0 Kudos
leo87
1 Copper

Me again, i put a JPG photo in my messenger but it seems that it does not display

0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

If the Webcam is not getting detected in Device Manager you may try running the Dell PC diagnostics as shown in this link (How to Run the Dell PC Diagnostics for Webcam Issues): lt.dell.com/.../lt.aspx

Note:Select Symptom,Webcam and run the test.

Post back the results.

Regarding the picture on your messenger try a different picture.If issue persists post back the name of the messenger service  you're using.

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

0 Kudos
leo87
1 Copper

hi

here's what i get  {"Data":0,"Success":true,"ErrorMessage":""}

what does it mean?

Leo

0 Kudos