Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2014 07:00

web cam problem

hey guys i have this web cam problem for quite sometime now and i am not able to fix it. can someone please help me out????

the web cam led is on but i get a black screen . n in skype its always trying to get an image but is unable to . its sorta urgent ...pl fill in ur suggestions. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 8th, 2014 08:00

divyamurali,

What happens when you try Test Webcam

Rick

February 9th, 2014 04:00

i cant seee anything as such, just a black box

Inline image 1

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 9th, 2014 07:00

divyamurali,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

No Events found!