Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2010 10:00

webcam central won't open

I have a Dell inspiron 1750 with an intergrated webcam which is just under one year old.

Often when I click on the webcam central icon it just won't open, nothign happens at all. I haven't installed any drivers (just the automatic Windows updates) and I run a virus checker regularly which says my laptop is all clear and healthy.

Can I fix this myself, or do I need to phone Dell and ask for a repair/exchange? (Bearing in mind I'm not great with computers)

Please reply as I've heard Dell customer support aren't great! Thanks in advance. 

12 Posts

September 17th, 2010 02:00

Hello,

I have the same laptop and have searched everywhere for the solution to this problem for quite some time, and have finally come up with a working solution. This has been verified to work on Windows 7 64-bit.

These files are actually for the Dell Inspiron 1440 laptop (which my fiancee has) but the camera is the same in both the 1750 and 1440.

The files you will need are as follows. You will need both files in order to install the webcam. You can find them by searching for them on Google:

(R216115) R216115.exe - Webcam Drivers
(R230103) Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam SW RC1.1_ R230103.exe - Webcam Central

I truly hope this works as well for you as it did for me!

Cheers,
Joe

No Events found!